Friday, December 19, 2008

running and racquetball.

i think, aside from getting completely wasted with the gang last weekend, this was the most fun i've had for a long time. 

chris taught me how to play, and, showed me some of his smooth racquetball moves.

which, are dirty. just. dirty.

so fucking fun. 

and, a ton of running. 

since i see like a lizard [one eye for distance, one eye for close], it was a little tough for me to find the ball at times... with my racquet. seems i had no problem finding it with various parts of my body... at times.

i think my depth perception issue can be overcome. i mean. i live it all the time. but, i will have to get used to the space and the sounds and the length of the racquet... etc.

i have to say, in addition, that .... i would rather give racquetball its own night. running and then racquetball seriously kicked my ass. it felt good. real good. but, i'm sore. today. like i ran 9 miles sore. not like i ran 13 miles sore. but, 9.

*

running.

i figured out yesterday that my new knee issue is a direct result of my tight hamstring issue. i noticed that my left leg wasn't kicking out as far as my right... putting pressure on my knee... and causing my left foot to fall a little flat. 
[my knee felt like it was cramping up. can the knee cramp? i didn't think so. but. my left knee does, indeed, CRAMP]

when i forced myself to keep proper form, despite the bit of pain, my knee pain was alleviated.

so now. i know.

for whatever reason... i have to spend more time loosening my hamstrings before i work out. 

[jamie, my running partner, said 

a lot of football players with tight hamstrings ride the stationary bike for a while before they play so as to warm up their hamstrings]

[and, if you know me, you know that i LOVE football... and having to workout like a football player is .... yes. just. yes. okay. no problem.]

if i don't work diligently on this hamstring issue... i'm going to run myself out of running. which. is a horrible thing. nobody wants to see that.

*

writing.

well.

i'm still thinking.

but, i'll let you know what i'm thinking, soon. promise.

*

i'm taking my dogs to have their picture taken with Santa Claus tomorrow!

o, yes.

i'm very excited. 

i'm sure they are, too.

*

i have to stretch and go to work now.

looks like a 9-5 day for me.

how odd. [i'm usually 7-3 or 8-4].

cheers.

No comments: